9.7.10

One Love Challenge: Week 5

The Challenge: Don't be afraid to ask for help, to open up, to break-free of your own self-imposed emotional prison sentence; you never know who may hold the keys to the healing you need and deserve.

So, during my Fourth of July, the post-fireworks time was spent on the phone with a friend bawling my eyes out and rehashing/going over the mounds of emotional baggage I've accumulated over the years, and never really took the time to organize and purge away. True none of us can ever ruun from our pasts, they are a part of us and the basis for who we are. We can't ignore them either; trust me, I would know, I've become a pro at it up till now. I've enabled myself to avoid talking about the things I was feeling for such a long time, kept my guard up as to prevent any unwanted peeks into my personal life. Thanks to said friend that spent his night listening to me talk, in a shroom-induced rant to say the least, I was able to, for the first time, take an objective look at my life, and where I am/want to be. I'm not a religious individual, I prefer to believe that life is what we make it, free of some grander being that makes decisions for us; fate, I believe in to an extent, but not that it is unchangeable. I'm saying this to preface the quote used for this week, as well as the overall challenge: Don't be afraid to ask for help, to open up, to break-free of your own self-imposed emotional prison sentence; you never know who may hold the keys to the healing you need and deserve.

"Prayer is not asking. It is a longing of the soul. It is daily admission of one's weakness. It is better in prayer to have a heart without words than words without a heart." ~Mahatma Gandhi

Don't forget to share your testimonials in the comment section.

No comments:

Post a Comment