29.7.10

Beyonce isn't the Only Knowles with Talent...

[photo via Solange's Damn Blog]

This post isn't so much an introduction to Solange, because I don't have time for that; plain and simple. Rather, this is a post for the already established fans, and those who independently seek to get familiar with the Sol'Angel that is Solange Piaget Knowles. With that said, while combing through google articles and wikipedia for any clue as to when new music from my indie-darling would be released, I was pleasantly surprised to discover three unreleased tracks. 'An Ode to Julez (Calendar),' 'Under Construction,' 'Momma Loves Baby' are each unique songs unto themselves. The first is a track in honor of her son to whom she holds as her greatest unplanned blessing; it's a beautiful song about the emotions she went through when she discovered she was pregnant. The second, which won't be on the new album, but was posted on her blog, is, from what I can tell, about an individual needing emotional rennovations [/crazy-run-on-sentence]. The third, which was made for the Mother's Day Episode of Yo Gabba Gabba!, is just a fun, short track; worth the listen. I can't wait for a new album from this chick, it's been two years, I miss you.

An Ode to Julez (Calendar)

Under Construction


Momma Loves Baby




eta: Just found a new track titled 'Whipped'... as with the new Lauryn Hill track, I'm taking this with a grain of salt, but if it's any indication of her new album, I'm kind of underwhelmed... it's too generic R&B for my tastes.

Whipped



[sidenote: other unreleased tracks include Stillness Is The Move (Dirty Projectors cover), Viva La Vida (Coldplay cover), and F-ck The Industry (Signed Sincerely) & it's Remix which features Wale]

No comments:

Post a Comment