18.6.10

Video: ADD SUV - Uffie (feat. Pharrell)



ADD SUV - Uffie (feat Pharrell)

I'll be honest, I wasn't in love with this song when it was first introduced to me. I've been a fan of Uffie's for almost 2 years now, and I'm super excited that her album is finally coming out. The first track off the album, Sex Dreams and Denim Jeans, is a kind of odd-one-out when listening to the others songs. This is very pop-sounding, while the majority of her album is reminiscent of a Lady Sovereign or Amanda Blank (that angsty rap sound). The video however has me really digging the track; I guess sometimes a visual component really does help. Produced by Pharrell, you'll see him in the video, the track is fun, dance-able, and will most likely find its way onto many people's late-night playlists. Enjoy.

[p.s. look for a complete review and download of the album in the coming days]

1 comment:

  1. I don't know about this video. I didn't like this song at first either but then I heard it in a different state of mind and I fell in love. My issue with this video is her uninterested attitude throughout; I mean even getting pulled over by the cop or seeing Pharrell and thinking he's some "hot guy" she goes from uninterested to maybe slightly less uninterested? I like the album but she's constantly telling her fans how she doesn't give a fuck and how lazy she is lol. I have got to write that review lol

    ReplyDelete