14.6.10

Sleeping Betty (2007)



I stumbled upon this animated short written and directed by Claude Clotier while channel surfing late last night, and I must say I'm in love. The film is a retelling of the classic fairy tale Sleeping Beauty, if the princess was a narcoleptic woman named Betty from Montreal. At just over nine minutes, this adorable short has won various awards last year, and rightly so. Gotta love the Sundance Channel.
Recent gems I've discovered:

Liberty Kid (2007)
A film about two friends from brookyln who struggle to rebuild their lives after 9/11

Party Monster (2003)
Macaulay Culkin stars opposite Seth Green in this biopic about New York Club Kid Michael Alig

It's My Party (1996)
A man dying from AIDS throws himself a going away party of sorts

No comments:

Post a Comment