23.6.10

Smile for the Camera Ladies



Chanel Iman, Arlenis Sosa, Sessilee Lopez, and Jourdan Dunn

These four gorgeous young women were featured together on the cover of i-D's September 2009 issue. Today was my first time seeing this behind-the-scenes look at the shoot, and it always get's me hyped to see models in their element. This issue was especially important to mebecause it featured an all-black cast; a rarity in an industry that values more traditionally european features. In step with my whole new thing of celebrating self, I've gotten into celebrating black beauty, and embracing myself as a black male [I say Black, not African-American... I feel there is a difference, but that's a post best left up for another date]. So go on now, press play, enjoy the pretty ladies doing what they do best, or at least better than you or I.

[silly sidenote: reading over this, it sounds like a 5th grade book report, lol]

No comments:

Post a Comment