25.6.10

One Love Challenge: Week 3

The Challenge: Live life by your own standards, and not by the will of others.

Life, at least for me, is a constant struggle between what I want, what I need, and what's expected of me. In making dramatic, and even minute, life decisions, I have a need for confirmation and assurance that what I am doing is the right thing to do. I'm afraid to take risks, though I take them all the time... or rather, I take the risk if someone agrees it's a risk worth taking. While this may enable me in my mind to believe that I have control over my reality, and over the direction in which my life goes, in the end, it leaves me constantly doubting myself. I am at a place in my life now where the need to take the reins is more necessary than ever. I know what I want from life, and I need not allow my own insecurities to get in the way of what I want, and can achieve. In life, we can have whatever it is that we want, but it won't just fall in our laps, we have to go for it, wholeheartedly, and without fear. So, I challenge you, as I've challenged myself this past week, and will continue to do into the future, to live life by your own standards, and not by the will of others.


"Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt.”  ~William Shakespeare

Don't forget to share your testimonials in the comment section.

No comments:

Post a Comment