16.5.11

Film: The Adventures of Tin Tin (2011)



The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn
(2011)


I'm beyond excited for this film; I was a big fan of the cartoon series as a child, and to hear that someone is finally revisiting these characters just sends my adrenaline through the roof. I'm not usually all that hyped up about children's films, but TinTin holds a special place in my heart. The film is adapted from a mash-up up three of the novels from the series: The Crab with the Golden Claws, The Secret of the Unicorn, and Red Rackham's Treasure. It's been the inevitable norm for literary adaptations that when writers combine installments, the overall story comes off as rushed (i.e. A Series of Unfortunate Events). However, I'm quite hopeful for this film (despite its 3-D production), especially with Steven Spielberg as director and Peter Jackson as producer. I would only hope that this turns into a multi-arched franchise... that would make me very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment