22.6.11

Fashion: Versace Menswear ss12


Donatella Versace, I have my issues when it comes to womenswear, but you struck a chord with me for your menswear this season. From the studs, to the straps and buckles, to the bags and sandals, to those eye-popping patterns, there is just so much going on here, and I'm loving every bit of it. While menswear is usually pretty bland or extremely oblivious to trends, Versace proves that by remaining true to its brand's legacy (notice Versace's notable use of baroque) and concentrating on the details (buckles, eyelets, studs, zippers) that one can create something that can be quite accessible and practical. I'm hoping against hope that elements of this collection like the buckles on those blazers and pants, as well as those gladiator sandals get translated to the label's diffusion line for H&M. Detailed shots appear after the jump.



[Images via Style]

No comments:

Post a Comment